Receiver of Taxes Don Clavin and Town Clerk Sylvia Cabana are hosting a series of Bi-lingual Tax Reduction Seminars, offering, for the first time, presentations and associated literature in English and Spanish. The series is a great opportunity to help Spanish-speaking homeowners take advantage of property tax reduction programs such as property tax exemption programs and assessment challenges.
The following is a list of the scheduled bi-lingual tax reduction seminars:
- May 30 at 7 p.m. at Freeport Memorial Library, 144 West Merrick Rd., Freeport
- June 4 at 7 p.m. at Elmont Memorial Library, 700 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont
- June 6 at 7 p.m. at Valley Stream Village Hall, 123 South Central Ave., Valley Stream
- June 7 at 7 p.m. at East Meadow Public Library, 1866 Front St., East Meadow
- June 12 at 7 p.m. at the Circulo Center, 605 Peninsula Blvd., Hempstead
- June 20 at 7 p.m. at Oceanside Library, 30 Davison Ave., Oceanside
- June 21 at 7 p.m. at Uniondale Public Library, 400 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale
All seminars are free and open to the public. For further information, call the Receiver of Taxes Office at 516-538-1500.