Send to Printer

Bedell House

Print
Parent Category: Building & Zoning
Category: Landmarks Preservation
Bedell House
Bedell House

2445 S. Saint Marks Avenue, Bellmore

The oldest house in Bellmore, the original portion of the Bedell House was built circa 1689. The Bedells were among the first settlers of the Bellmore area and descendants of the family lived in the house from 1689 until 1950. A fine example of Federal Period architecture in relatively original condition, additions to the home were made in 1778 and 1872. The house contains the original fireplace, which still has its iron crane and kettle. On the property are two outbuildings, one, a barn rebuilt in 1810, the other, a carriage house built in 1820.


https://toh.li/landmarks-preservation/bedell-house
Printed from TOH.LI - The Official Web Site of the Town of Hempstead