Send to Printer

Bellmore Schoolhouse

Print
Parent Category: Building & Zoning
Category: Landmarks Preservation
Bellmore Schoolhouse
Bellmore Schoolhouse

2451 Orange Street, Bellmore

The schoolhouse, built circa 1888, is now a private residence. The dormers and brick porch and stairs were added after 1908, when the building was sold to private owners. The original entrance was on the west side, at the left of the above picture which shows a south side view. The original structure was of wooden clapboard, with its entrance facing Newbridge Road rather than Orange Street. It comprised one large room featuring seven foot windows. The original slate chalk board remains behind the east wall, while the school's wooden flag pole is presently located in the next door yard and is used as a laundry pole.


https://toh.li/landmarks-preservation/bellmore-schoolhouse
Printed from TOH.LI - The Official Web Site of the Town of Hempstead