The Jerusalem School District is one of the oldest in New York State. The one room schoolhouse built in 1876 still stands, with the addition of two rooms in 1920. The school was attended on a regular basis until 1945 by a total of 37 elementary school pupils, and had been used sporadically in emergency situations until the 1960s.
The original portion of the building has a brick foundation, clapboard, plaster walls with wood lathe, wood floors, and a decorative tin ceiling. In 1890, the budget for the year totaled $815, which included: teacher, $150; janitor, $50; fuel, $24.88; Income received from the Town Treasurer was $167.69; Supervisor, $148.18; to be raised by taxes, $308.09. The Levittown School District now includes three high schools, six junior highs, and nine elementary schools, all built from 1947 to 1960, after Levittown came into being in 1947.