Send to Printer

Rock Hall Museum

Parent Category: Building & Zoning
Category: Landmarks Preservation
Rock Hall Museum
Rock Hall Museum

199 Broadway, Lawrence

Rock Hall, considered one of the finest pre-Revolutionary War houses on Long Island, was built in 1767 for Josiah Martin, a wealthy West Indian plantation owner. Constructed of wood in the Georgian style, this Colonial house was home to only two families, the Martins and Hewletts, before being deeded to the Town of Hempstead in 1948. After careful restoration, Rock Hall opened its doors as a museum in 1953. Rock Hall is now owned and maintained by the Town of Hempstead and affiliated with the Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities.

View more information on Rock Hall Museum.
Printed from TOH.LI - The Official Web Site of the Town of Hempstead