Send to Printer

St. John of Jerusalem Chapel

Print
Parent Category: Building & Zoning
Category: Landmarks Preservation
St. John of Jerusalem Chapel
St. John of Jerusalem Chapel

500 Wantagh Avenue, Levittown

The chapel is the second oldest church structure remaining in Wantagh and the surrounding communities and is one of the few buildings still remaining from a time in which the Wantagh area was known as Jerusalem.

Built circa 1865, the building was originally the home of the German Methodist-Eposcopal Mission. Today the structure remains virtually unchanged and stands amid the markers and greenery of a still operating graveyard known as the St. John of Jerusalem Cemetery.


https://toh.li/landmarks-preservation/st-john-of-jerusalem-chapel
Printed from TOH.LI - The Official Web Site of the Town of Hempstead