Send to Printer

St. Paul's Presbyterian Church & Cemetery

Print
Parent Category: Building & Zoning
Category: Landmarks Preservation
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church & Cemetery
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church & Cemetery

525 Elmont Road, Elmont

In 1864, the first St. Paul's German Presbyterian Church was built to serve the German Protestant people of Fosters Meadow (now Elmont).

In 1905, the present church was built, incorporating the cornerstone of the original building. Many of the early families of Elmont and the surrounding communities are buried in the adjacent graveyard. St. Paul's remained a German-speaking congregation until 1939. The church is now known as the Presbyterian Church in Elmont.


https://toh.li/landmarks-preservation/st-pauls-presbyterian-church-and-cemetery
Printed from TOH.LI - The Official Web Site of the Town of Hempstead