The Town of Hempstead’s Senior I.D. Program is coming to a senior center near you! Supervisor Kate Murray and Town Clerk Nasrin Ahmad have coordinated seven events in the month of September where golden-aged residents can obtain a free senior identification card.
As many seniors have physical ailments that can potentially put them at risk in certain situations, a town Senior I.D. Card can help medical technicians quickly determine how to treat a particular person. The card includes a person’s name, description, photograph, doctor and family emergency contact numbers and other vital information that may be useful in the event of an emergency.
“Obtaining a Town of Hempstead Senior I.D. Card is a quick and easy way that seniors can protect themselves in the event of an emergency,” said Murray. “ I encourage all our golden-aged residents to take advantage of one of these free Senior I.D. events throughout the month of September.”
Events are being held at the Oceanside Senior Center, Uniondale-Merrick Senior Center, Bellmore Senior Center, Green Acres Senior Center, Baldwin Senior Center and Elmont Senior Center.
“I am proud to partner with Supervisor Murray to provide a potentially life-saving service to our senior population,” added Ahmad. “This is one of the finest programs offered by the Office of the Town Clerk.”
Senior I.D. events are as follows:
· Wednesday, September 2nd (11AM to 1PM) – Oceanside Senior Center (2900 Rockaway Avenue, Oceanside)
· Thursday, September 3rd (11AM to 1PM) – Uniondale-Merrick Senior Center (750 Jerusalem Avenue, Uniondale)
· Wednesday, September 16th (1PM to 3PM) – Bellmore Senior Center (2000 Bellmore Avenue, Bellmore)
· Monday, September 21st (1PM to 3PM) – Green Acres Senior Center (400 Flower Road, Valley Stream)
· Wednesday, September 23rd (1PM to 3PM) – Baldwin Senior Center (1810 Grand Avenue, Baldwin)
· Thursday, September 24th – (1PM to 3PM) Elmont Senior Center (138 Elmont Road, Elmont)
· Tuesday, September 29th – (1PM to 3PM) Baldwin Senior Center (1810 Grand Avenue, Baldwin)
For more information on Hempstead Town’s Senior I.D. Card Program, contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (516) 812-3032 or visit www.toh.li/town-clerks-office.