Coming soon to a neighborhood near you! Hempstead Town Supervisor Anthony J. Santino and Receiver of Taxes Don Clavin have announced a series of twelve home-buying seminars for first-time buyers. The seminars will feature financial expert Anthony Genova, who comes equipped with over a dozen years of experience in presenting first-time home buyers programs with a major international financial institution.
“Buying a home is an important milestone in a person’s life,” said Santino. “However there are intricacies and last-minute complications that may arise, potentially making it a tense experience. Our seminars will prepare first-time homebuyers with the tools and knowledge they need to confidently buy their first home.”
The seminars will provide information on mortgages, inspections, title insurance, contracts, tax payment information/options and closings. Attendees will also obtain details on their eligibility for tax exemptions, tax information, tips on how to challenge home assessments and information on local governments, including the town, county and school district.
“Our home buying seminars are rewarding and useful for residents,” said Clavin. “Real estate and home buying can be tricky, but Hempstead Town is here to give you the ‘keys’ to home ownership.”
The seminars will be held on the following dates:
· Tuesday, May 23rd at 7p.m. at East Rockaway Public Library (477 Atlantic Avenue, East Rockaway)
· Thursday, June 15th at 7p.m. at Hempstead Town Hall Pavilion (1 Washington Street, Hempstead)
· Thursday, June 22nd at 7p.m. at Valley Stream Village Hall (123 South Central Avenue, Valley Stream)
· Monday, June 26th at 7p.m. at Island Park Library (176 Long Beach Road, Island Park)
· Tuesday, June 27th at 7p.m. at Oceanside Public Library (30 Davison Avenue, Oceanside)
· Wednesday, June 28th at 7p.m. at Elmont Memorial Library (700 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont)
· Monday, July 17th at 7p.m. at Floral Park Library (17 Caroline Avenue, Floral Park)
· Thursday, July 20th at 7p.m. at Merrick Library (2279 Merrick Avenue, Merrick)
· Tuesday, July 25th at 7p.m. at Levittown Public Library (1 Bluegrass Lane, Levittown)
· Tuesday, August 1st at 7p.m. at Hewlett-Woodmere Library (1125 Broadway, Hewlett)
· Thursday, August 3rd at 7p.m. at Baldwin Public Library (2385 Grand Avenue, Baldwin)
· Tuesday, August 22nd at 7p.m. at Wantagh Library (3285 Park Avenue, Wantagh)
For more information on the upcoming seminars, please call Hempstead Town Receiver of Taxes Office at (516)538-1500.
“We are always excited to welcome new neighbors to America’s Largest Township,” concluded Santino. “Whether you’re looking to relocate or simply are buying your first home, I encourage you to attend one of these informative seminars.”